Live black worms
Black worms create a healthy result when fed to FISH. Black worms improve fish, health, colour, activity, breeding conditions and best of all ….. Most fish LOVE them.
Black worms are a true aquatic worm and are cultivated on a commercial basis in pristine crystal clear, unpolluted mountain water. These worms are CLEAN and this ensures YOU receive a healthy LIVE food alternative to dry food free from contaminants and parasites.
FOOD VALUE BREAKDOWN – dry weight -Protein 66.5% Fat 9.7% Fibre 23.8% Energy 17.8% Kj/g
Black worms are easy to keep and will prove to be a hit with your fish.
PLEASE FOLLOW OUR SUGGESTIONS FOR BETTER KEEPING OF BLACK WORMS
HOW TO PREPARE
- House the black worms (500g) in an area approximately 510mm x 350mm (20”x14”)
- Half fill with chilled aged water. Frozen drink bottles are an easy way to chill the water
- At least ONE AIR STONE is required to circulate the water
- Always have on hand sufficient cool, aged water for frequent water changes/especially in warmer months
WHAT TO DO ON ARRIVAL
- Pour the worms from the bag into a fine strainer (we suggest a fine fish net). This drains water or fluid present from snipping.
- Rinse the Black Worms (gentle swirling action by hand) in a container of cool, aged water. Worms will re-clump ready for transfer.
- Place Black Worms (500g) into a pre-prepared tank. Gently stir the worms with your hand so they loosen up from the clump once again
- Turn air stones ON – remember good water circulation is needed.
Check condition of water every 1-2 hours. Best to do a 50%-75% water change at this time.
If the water is very dirty or cloudy, repeat water change one or two more times.
DON’T let the water temperature rise above 25C at any time. In warm weather, use frozen drink bottles to cool water. Ideally water temps of 20C or less are the best. Some people even hold them in their fridges over summer.
- WATER QUALITY (change daily)
- TEMPERATURE (under 25C)
- WATER FREE FROM ANY HEAVY METAL (esp. copper)
These are the 3 vital keys to keeping healthy Black Worms
If you have carried out the above steps, worms’ should keep for up one month.
HOW TO FEED YOUR FISH
Feed Black Worms to your fish using a WORM FEEDER. Worm feeders are available wherever you purchase Black Worms. Feed small amounts at regular intervals.
Feed you fish this NATURAL LIVE food and watch them THRIVE!!